Everything started many years ago because of our CEO's (Mr. Kyprianos Kyprianou) passion in flying and photography. His ability to understand and execute electronic projects along with the amazing Drone’s technology made him to focus in aerial photography and cinematography using his drones and helicopter, shooting from the sky. In combination with his artistic nature using his photo camera to capture pictures and videos he started shooting unbelievable pictures of the Arabic nature, Greece, Florida and Cyprus from the air. As a pure businessman he saw the potential of the Flying Cameras so he came to the field of the aerial photography of the tall buildings around Middle East. Finally he close projects for aerial inspection with the electricity companies for their Power Lines and for the Mobile Antenna Towers. He instantly saw an application for this in a number of different markets including tourism, golf, industrial, construction, real estate and more. He created Smartline Aerial Services in Dubai in 2009 and from there he was running projects and missions all over Europe, Middle East and Africa. Smartline Aerial Services now, specializes in a wide range of applications.
It all started when he joined his hometown's gymnasium, Morphou B', photography club in 1971.After the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974, his family was displaced and moved to Nicosia where he started working as a cameraman and editor in the film unit of the Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation (CYBC), in 1977.11 years later, he became one of the founding members of Lumiere Services and LTV, where he held the managing position of producing and directing TV commercials and various corporate films in Cyprus, Greece and Middle East. In 1999, he joined MediaBox, where he directed a number of successful TV series, documentaries and Corporate films.
Achievements and Awards:
- he received numerous awards and distinctions in both local and international film festivals for various commercials and documentaries.
- His latest short films, "Corridors" and "Omikron Plus" received international film festival awards.
- Acted as president of the Cypriot Directors Guild, for a number of years, during which he exercised art and commercial photography
- Co-founded "Photodos" art photography club in Nicosia, Cyprus
- Founded the "Photographic & Cinematographic" club in Engomi, Cyprus, where he delivers workshops on creative photography
- Acted as a judge in numerous local and international film and photo contents.
- Together with Anna Marangou published the book "'Αποψη Γής/Apopsi Gis" featuring his photographs. Texted by Anna Marangou.
- In 2014 he directed the theatrical play "Ιερόδουλες του Αριστοφάνη/Ιerodoules tou Aristofani", written by Maria Marmara.
Being a photographer for 22 years has allowed him to become an expert in all areas of specialized photography. Including: Architecture, hotels, aerial, commercial, advertising, products, jewellery, food, drinks, fashion, events, weddings, and portraits. The leading advertising agencies, publishing companies and internationally renowned brands trust his wok to provide high level of photography for their campaigns and projects. His key to success is based to the fact that he completes all his projects with enthusiasm, professionalism and creativity.